November 30, 2007, Newsletter Issue #158: Vetting a Moving Company

Tip of the Week

According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, a sub-department of the Federal Dept. of Transportation, you should make sure any moving company you hire has been assigned a USDOT number, is licensed by FMCSA to engage in interstate transportation of household goods, and has proper insurance. You can find out if a mover is registered with FMCSA by visiting the departments Web site. Other good moving advice from the FMCSA is don't sign any blank paperwork whatsoever! Finally, before moving your household goods, interstate movers are required to provide you with information regarding their dispute settlement program that includes contact information for a neutral, third-party dispute resolution service.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Real Estate Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
PJ Campbell