May 5, 2006, Newsletter Issue #79: Real Estate Agents vs. Brokers

Tip of the Week

The difference between a real estate agent and a real estate broker pretty much boils down to experience. A real estate agent must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma, have completed an accredited real estate exam licensing course, have passed a real estate licensing exam, be sponsored by a licensed real estate broker, and provide proof of errors and omissions insurance. In addition to these requirements, a broker must complete additional course work, have been an actively licensed real estate agent for at least two years, and pass the broker licensing exam. You can check whether a particular agent or broker is licensed in good standing by checking with your state's real estate licensing board.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Real Estate Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Barbara Gibson